Although not all kidney problems are directly related to age, some kidney problems can come with ageing. Elderly people are susceptible to kidney and urinary tract problems.
Issues like diabetes, infections, and incontinence can affect the urinary system in the elderly. With an increase in age, kidney diseases do become problematic, however, if the infection is detected early, they can be managed and treated completely. That is why it is important to always keep a note of the best kidney disease treatment in Gurgaon, just so that you can easily ask for help when you need it.
What are some of the symptoms of kidney disease in the elderly?
Elderly people suffering from kidney problems often face the following symptoms:
- A higher blood pressure
- The number of times that you pass urine during the day may change- it will increase or decrease according to the disease
- The colour of the urine may look different
- There may be blood in the urine
- The legs and ankles may start looking puffy because of increased salt content in the blood
- You may feel fatigued but still face difficulty in sleeping
- You may suffer from severe headaches and have trouble concentrating on your work
- One of the most telling symptoms of kidney disease is having a bad or metallic taste in the mouth at all times.
If you face either one or most of the symptoms mentioned above, there is a high chance that you may be suffering from kidney diseases. Consult the best kidney treatment hospital in Gurgaon, like Umkal Hospital, at the earliest.
Some of the risks associated with kidney disease in the elderly
As mentioned above, kidney disease is completely manageable. However, there are certain factors which may put elderly people at risk of contracting a urinary tract disease.
- If you are above the age of 60, then you run a high chance of getting a kidney stone at some point.
- Diabetes and obesity also puts you at risk for developing kidney problems at an advanced age
- Smoking can lead to kidney problems
- You may also develop kidney problems if you have a family history of the same.
If you feel that you have developed a kidney stone, hurry on to the best hospital for nephrology treatment in Gurgaon and get a check-up immediately.
What are some methods of treatment and prevention that can be followed?
Kidney disease in elderly people can be managed quite efficiently if the problem is detected early and catered to accordingly. Also, you can follow certain preventive measures to ensure that you don’t develop kidney problems at all. This is especially applicable to you if you run the risk of developing kidney problems in the near future.
If you have diabetes, make sure that you have your blood sugar levels in control. High blood pressure should also be checked and maintained constantly.
If you have a family history of kidney disease, make sure that you get blood and urine tests done at least once every two years. This will help to let you know if there are any signs that you may contract the disease in the near future.
This goes without saying, but do not drink alcohol or smoke. Instead, drink plenty of water and avoid food products that have a lot of salt in them.
Facilities such as kidney stone treatment in Gurgaon are easily available and accessible, so you should consult doctors at least once in a while. Trust Umkal Hospital as the best hospital for nephrology treatment in Gurgaon and you will not be disappointed.