In this fast-paced world, when most new mothers are finding it tough to manage to breastfeed, is there any other alternative?
The answer is NO because breastfeeding is the best gift for not only your baby but for you as well. Even the Best Obstetrics Doctor in Gurgaon in leading healthcare centres like Umkal Hospital always encourage new mothers to be patient enough for the lactation process to set in properly.
For all new mothers who are curious to find out how breastfeeding your baby is beneficial for you too, let us take a look.
- An instant mental boost
Most new mothers feel an instant kick of happiness and contentment after breastfeeding their baby, and there is an entire logic behind it. While new mothers nurse their baby they experience both physical and mental fulfillment. But why do you think these feelings flood your mind suddenly? The positive feelings are all augmented by the release of hormones like:
- Oxytocin – This hormone is responsible for promoting a sense of love and attachment between mothers and their little ones.
- Prolactin – It stimulates a pleasant and nurturing sensation thereby allowing calming your senses.
Always remember, when you breastfeed, you are gifting your child a healthy start which would, in turn, benefit them throughout their life. According to Top Gynaecologists in Gurgaon, lactating not only nourishes your baby, but it also saves your time and money.
These are some other benefits beyond mental contentment which should encourage moms to breastfeed their babies:
- Do you know mothers who lactate recover quickly and easily from the childbirth process? Oxytocin is to be credited for it, as it enables the uterus to return to its original size after childbirth thereby reducing postpartum bleeding which might also reduce chances of postpartum depression.
- Studies say that women who breastfeed their child have lower chances of getting attacked by breast cancer and ovarian cancer later in life. Although this cannot be proved, a number of studies have successfully established this fact.
- According to medical practitioners’ findings, mothers who breastfeed their child have lower chances of experiencing health disorders like type II diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
- If you decide to indulge exclusively in breastfeeding to feed your child, it will also delay the return of your menstrual period. This would automatically act as a natural form of contraception if you feed your baby day and night and if your baby is less than 6 months old.
- Lactation also offers great benefits for mental health. After giving birth at the Best Hospital for Gynaecology in Gurgaon, breastfeeding is one unique experience which only mothers are blessed to experience. It endows the new mothers with supreme mental fulfillment thereby adding value to your life.
- If you fear about being a bit overweight after your delivery, then shut down all your worries now! During pregnancy, there is an extra accumulation of about 100-150 calories a day in a women’s body and since they cannot indulge in heavy exercises, these calories turn into stubborn fat. Well, guess what? Breastfeeding can actually help you to shed off your pregnancy fat! As you are breastfeeding, your body would make the most of those extra calories thereby helping you to be in great shape.
Well, these were some of the benefits you would gain just by feeding your little one with your breast milk, just like nature suggests. However, if you are still having issues with lactating, then you can fix an appointment with the doctor at the Best Obstetric Treatment in Gurgaon namely Umkal Hospital, for proper guidance.